Attesting Marriage Certificates in UAE
Marriage Certificate is an important official document that stands for the proof that two people are married. A Marriage certificate will be issued either by Church / Temple / Mosque or by State authority. The following details have to be mentioned in the marriage certificate.
- Name of the bride and the groom.
- Age / Marital status of the parties.
- Date of Marriage
- Place of the Marriage.
- Address of the Bride and the Groom.
- Name of the witnesses.
- The name of the person who solemnized the marriage.
As per the UAE law, it is illegal for an unmarried couple to live together. Even if you are married, you need to provide attested marriage certificates to the authorities to prove that you were legally married from your country.
To apply for a resident visa for the spouse, Marriage certificate should be attested from the issuing country and finally from the intended to use country.
What is the procedure to get my marriage certificate attested in Dubai?
- The first step in attesting your marriage certificate is getting Notary Public Verification from the issuing country.
- After that, your marriage certificate should be attested from the Foreign Affairs Ministry of your home country.
- Then, the Marriage certificate have to be attested from the Embassy(intended to use country embassy).
- And finally, Attestation is done from Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the country you intend to use the marriage certificate ( UAE, In this case ).
While there are other ways to get your marriage certificate attested, procedures given above is what most countries follow.
How long will it take to attest my marriage certificate?
Generally, 3 – 5 working days are required to get the Marriage Certificate Attested. We offer Normal and VIP service to our clients(who can opt the same based on their urgency). Estimated processing time for the marriage certificate to be attested will be discussed at the time of collecting the document.
Why should I attest my marriage certificate in UAE?
Bringing your partner to UAE is not the only situation that you will need to provide attested marriage certificates. The following are some situations that you will need attested marriage certificates.
- To change the name in the passport(adding or removing)
- At the time when applying for Family VISA.
- To admit the wife for delivery in the hospital
- Expats adopting a child.
- When filing Divorce.
- When applying passport for children.
- School Admissions.
- When applying for Insurance.
Documents required for sponsoring your family in UAE-
- Color Passport copies of the family members who wish to come to UAE.
- White Background photograph of each sponsored person.
- Attested Certificates(Marriage/Birth/Divorce)
- Original Ejari Certificate & Electricity Bill.
- Tenancy Contract.
- Original Labour Contract (the salary should meet the criteria of family sponsor requirement.)
- Original Salary Certificate.
- Bank Statement (3 months statement required)
- IBAN details of the sponsor.
- Sponsor profession should match up with the family sponsor requirement.
Documents required for attesting marriage certificates
- Original Marriage Certificate
- Passport Copies of the candidates.
The process for attesting your marriage certificate will be initiated upon receiving all the supporting documents.
Any further documents, if required, will be confirmed at the time of collecting the documents as per the latest regulations.
How much does it cost to attest your Marriage Certificate in UAE?
All supporting documents have to be ready before submitting the marriage certificate for attestation. The cost involved for the marriage certificate to be attested depends on the following criteria’s.
- Issuing country.
- After Attestation where he/she wishes to use the Marriage Certificate
- Language in which the Marriage Certificate is issued.
Quote for the Attestation charges will be issued on receiving the scan copy of the Marriage Certificate.
What to do to get your marriage certificate attested?
- Contact us & get your queries cleared
- Documents will be collected as per your convenience and place
- Process for the attestation will be initiated.
- The attested marriage certificate will be delivered back to the customer’s place.
More details regarding Marriage Certificate Attestation, family VISA requirements please do contact us at +971 55 55 14 789 or write us at email@example.com